Materials and Process Engineer
Experience Required: 6-9 Years
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
The associate in this position is expected to provide material and process engineering capability in support of the Eclipse 550 very light jet program. The associate will support changes to the existing design, new designs and be responsible for the associated material and process specifications. The associate will also have responsibility for review and approval of supplier process documentation. The associate must be a self-starter, able to understand the interactions between the different engineering disciplines and able to work in a cooperative, dynamic, team oriented environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintenance of existing Eclipse Aerospace material and process specifications
- Creation of new material and process specifications as needed to support new designs
- Review and approval of supplier process documentation
- Provide engineering liaison support to suppliers and manufacturing
- Participate in planning for re-start of the Eclipse 550 manufacturing activity
- Participate in producibility improvement and cost reduction initiatives
- Bachelor degree or higher, BS Metallurgical or Materials Engineering preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in aircraft industry
- Material and process specification experience
- Project management experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office products
- Good technical writing skills
- Friction stir welding experience
- Materials and Process DER