Manager, Quality Assurance
Experience Required: 10+ Years
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
The Manager, Quality Assurance will be accountable for a variety of matters ranging from strategic planning to operational execution. The incumbent will perform a key role in the development of an efficient and effective system for ensuring the quality of airplane service/manufacturing activities consistent with AS9100.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage a new Eclipse Aerospace Quality Organization including hiring qualified Associates necessary to support future production, service and delivery of aircraft.
- Assist with the development, updating, and control of the Quality Management System.
- Responsible for the proper communication of the Quality Management System changes, including but not limited to training personnel on new or revised requirements or systems.
- Develop systems, processes and procedures to measure and report performance against established standards.
- Determine, develop and implement necessary communication strategy(ies) for the improvement and awareness of quality issues across the corporation.
- Facilitate continuous improvement initiatives in the Quality Department to ensure long term efficiency and effectiveness within the Department.
- Define key metrics to track quality performance and activities necessary to achieve improvement to these metrics.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, government regulations, and company policies/procedures.
- Drive continuous product and process quality improvements, including engagement with the suppliers.
- Effectively represent the company with regulatory agencies and internal management meetings.
- Assure that all product and process quality deficiencies are satisfactorily resolved.
- Provide quality support for production readiness and product support.
- Ensure all documentation and acceptance inspection of aircraft delivery are in full compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Cooperate closely with customers and regulatory authorities to ensure seamless, on time, high quality aircraft delivery.
- Ensure the quality, clarity, accuracy, and control of Quality, Production and Engineering documents.
- Assist in performing internal quality audits and execution to audit plans.
- Assist in performing supplier quality audits and surveillance.
- Maintains historical data of corrective actions for internal and external issues.
- Bachelors degree in an appropriate discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of ten (10) years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years managerial experience
- Minimum of seven (7) years demonstrated working knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration regulations and requirements, European Aviation Safety requirements, ISO 9001 / AS9100 and customer airworthiness requirements
- Experience conducting supplier base audits, surveillance and qualifications
Participate in the selection and management of quality professionals. Responsible for staffing and talent management, learning and development, and performance management for direct reports. Provides technical expertise and guidance regarding day to day activities and quality initiatives.