Experience Required: 1-2 Years
Education Required: High School Diploma
Expedites, routes, and dispatches material and parts in accordance with production schedules and commitments. Reviews master production schedule to determine possible and actual shortages and alerts proper authorities of potential problems. Generates progress reports on schedule status and keeps records of completed orders. Takes appropriate action to expedite materials such as order damaged material repaired or in-house transportation. Reports on completion dates, material changes or substitutions, shortages, and schedule modifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in resolving Mfg. Discrepancy Reports and follow them through the system to completion
- Request and issue production Shop Orders to the floor
- Confers with buyers to determine overdue materials and parts and to inform manager about the status of the product
- May be asked to assist with suppliers to ensure that delivery will be possible on the agreed date, for expeditor is responsible for managing the timing of delivery.
- Issue Manufacturing Orders through MRP system
- Monitor and react to MRP messages associated to assigned projects
- Provide weekly project status reports on all assigned projects
- Assist in the scheduling of production parts to meet customer requirements and manufacturing objectives
- Maintain and update Project Status report weekly with part locations including discrepant parts
- 2+ years of supply chain experience is preferred
- Relevant job experience in manufacturing environment
- Strong customer service skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Excel
- SAP Experience