Experience Required: 6-9 Years
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
The Certification Engineer position provides project specific support for EAI certification projects for the Eclipse 550 light twin aircraft. These functions include but are not limited to: developing select certification deliverables, assigned project tracking, Conformity Request (RFC) issuance and coordination. Also included will be a degree of design change verification and production support.
The Certification Group is the focal point with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and major foreign airworthiness authorities for certification and Continued Operational Safety (COS) aspects for the Eclipse 550 aircraft.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists the Director of Certification in all FAA and Foreign certification activities.
- Development and coordination with engineering personnel and FAA designees to define certification requirements and develop planning documents.
- Development and coordination with engineering personnel and FAA designees to develop test requirements including prototype conformity requirements.
- Coordinate prototype conformity activities with FAA designees (DER/DAR), quality, supply chain, and engineering.
- Produces and submits key FAA documents to ensure complete compliance as per established certification plans.
- Assists Director of Certification in administration activities including FAA submittal packages and project tracking.
- Ensures adherence to FAA procedures for approval, incorporation, and implementation of approved Type Design changes within Eclipse production systems.
- Ten (10) years experience in Aerospace engineering.
- Five (5) years experience in FAA certification.
- Experience in project management of complex projects.
- Direct working experience with FAA Part 23 or Part 25 certification methodologies.
- Experience with FAA compliance test and conformity requirements.
- Aeronautical, Electrical, or Mechanical engineering degree, or equivalent.
- Experience in certification of complex, integrated, and/or flight critical systems is required.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, possess effective communication skills, and be willing and able to operate across a wide variety of systems engineering tasks.
- Current or prior FAA DER or ODA Unit Member.
- System Safety Analysis experience.