Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
The position will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day accounting operations and will report directly to the Corporate Controller. The successful candidate will ensure application of GAAP and company financial policy to accounting processes to support accurate and complete financial statement presentation. Further, he/she will manage people and processes for accounts payable, inventory, and receivables. Assisting in monthly close process with high expectation of timeliness and accuracy, this individual will also assist in preparation of budgets and forecasts with necessary analysis, review and prepare account reconciliations on monthly basis with critical view to completeness and aging, and support audits as necessary as well as provide direction and assurance for internal controls. The position will have exposure to senior management and will help prepare reports for management as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee day-to-day accounting operations
- Assisting in the improvement in internal controls related to financial reporting
- Monitor and control the flow of account receivables and payables
- Participates in the month-end close, including preparation of required journal entries, account reconciliations, and schedules
- Direct the preparation of financial reports, such as profit and loss statements, invoices, and financial performance reports
- Manage the annual financial audit and other audits as required
- Participates in preparation of annual budget and forecast
- Special projects as required
- A minimum of four years experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, as well as the ability to research accounting pronouncements and interpret findings.
- Is flexible and able to work as part of a team
- Proficient in MS Excel
- SAP FI/CO Experience
- CPA designation
- Knowledge of tax, including federal, excise, and sale/use tax