Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Education Required: Associate's Degree
Interfaces with Engineering, Service and Pilots, as required. Works closely with engineering drawings, computer models, Component Maintenance Manuals, and other data to help produce technical documentation. Adept at researching existing data to maximize use of previously developed text and/or illustrations. Drafts text materials and ensures that text and illustrations are coordinated per final product requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Writes, rewrites and/or edits technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences. Acquires subject knowledge by referring to technical specifications, blueprints and engineering illustrations. Conducts quality review of materials.
- Minimum two years’ experience writing complete, complex technical documents
- Familiar with Illustration Software such as Adobe Illustrator, Isodraw and Corel
- Understanding of ATA structure and GAMA
- Basic understanding of avionics, systems and powerplant
- Experienced with various publication software including Arbortext, FrameMaker, AntennaHouse using xml, xslfo and a DTD
- Demonstrated experience interpreting engineering drawings, computer models and to prepare illustrations
- Ability to document/archive technical data over long periods
- Must be able to develop rapport with the end-users
- Bachelors degree in a relevant technical field
- A & P or equivalent experience
Apply for this position by sending a cover letter with your resume attached to email@example.com
OR fill out the online job application for this position HERE.
Be sure to note the job title and ID number in your cover letter.