Experience Required: 10+ Years
Education Required: Associate's Degree
The Manager, Facilities is responsible for managing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing (or arranging for repairs) of all plant, equipment, physical facilities, and building operating systems owned and/or operated by the company. Ensures optimal functioning of building systems including plumbing, electrical, HVAC, mechanical, fire/life safety, lighting, security systems and general building maintenance as necessary. Ensures compliance with the company’s environmental permits/licenses and safety policies. Participates in the specification, coordination, contractor selection, and project management issues specific to facilities management. Oversees contractors who install, maintain, service and repair HVAC systems, compressed air systems, electrical systems, facility construction and renovation projects, and production floor arrangements. Plans and implements the design of work areas, offices and production lines to maximize the use of resources and available space and to improve operating efficiency. The incumbent is expected to ensure the integrity of predictive and preventive maintenance programs for the physical facilities and systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Provides information and recommendations for all facilities related projects, forecast cost, completion date requirements, and construction feasibility
- Manages projects and budgets for cost effective building operational services, maintenance and construction projects
- Performs or oversees scheduled and unscheduled maintenance repairs on all systems and other facilities equipment
- Develops criteria and work instructions for facilities preventative maintenance procedures
- Makes periodic or special inspections of premises to determine repair work necessary
- Responsible for compliance with OSHA, city building codes and safety regulations
- Responsible for compliance with environmental operating requirements and permits (Federal, State and local)
- Prepares and maintains maintenance logs and all building files
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing facilities operations, personnel and contractors, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and understanding of building codes and safety regulations
- Works easily with others and has excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance, as well as, collaboratively as part of a team
- Knowledge in reading and interpreting building, architectural, engineering and construction plan drawings/blueprints
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines regarding safety practices
- Experienced in scheduling, ordering, contractor supervision, and quality control of all phases of construction
- Excellent generalist knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems typically used in a manufacturing environment.
- Unquestionable references.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business or a technical discipline
- Fifteen (+) years experience managing a facilities management organization in a medium to large sized organization.
Apply for this position by sending a cover letter with your resume attached to email@example.com
OR fill out the online job application for this position HERE.
Be sure to note the job title and ID number in your cover letter.